Changes for gmpy2 releases¶
Changes in gmpy2 2.1.0a0¶
- Thread-safe contexts are now supported. Properly integrating thread-safe contexts required an extensive rewrite of almost all internal functions.
- MPFR and MPC are now required. It is no longer possible to build a version of gmpy2 that only supports the GMP library.
- The function inverse() now raises an exception if the inverse does not exist.
- Context methods have been added for MPFR/MPC related functions.
- A new context option (rational_division) has been added that changes the behavior of integer division involving mpz instances to return a rational result instead of a floating point result.
- gmpy2 types are now registered in the numeric tower.
- In previous versions of gmpy2, gmpy2.mpz was a factory function that returned an mpz instance. gmpy2.mpz is now an actual type. The same is true for the other gmpy2 types.
- If a Python object has an __mpz__ method, it will be called bye mpz() to allow an unrecognized type to be converted to an mpz instance. The same is true for the other gmpy2 types.
- A new C-API and Cython interface has been added.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.4¶
- Fix bit_scan0() for negative values.
- Changes to setup.py to allow static linking.
- Fix performance regression with mpmath and Python 3.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.3¶
- Fix lucas2() and atanh(); they were returning incorrect values.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.2¶
- Rebuild Windows binary installers due to MPIR 2.6.0 bug in next_prime().
- Another fix for is_extra_strong_lucas_prp().
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.1¶
- Updated setup.py to work in more situations.
- Corrected exception handling in basic operations with mpfr type.
- Correct InvalidOperation exception not raised in certain circumstances.
- invert() now raises an exception if the modular inverse does not exist.
- Fixed internal exception in is_bpsw_prp() and is_strong_bpsw_prp().
- Updated is_extra_strong_lucas_prp() to latest version.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.0¶
- Fix segmentation fault in _mpmath_normalize (an undocumented helper function specifically for mpmath.)
- Improved setup.py See below for documentation on the changes.
- Fix issues when compiled without support for MPFR.
- Conversion of too large an mpz to float now raises OverflowError instead of returning inf.
- Renamed min2()/max2() to minnum()/maxnum()
- The build and install process (i.e. setup.py) has been completely rewritten. See the Installation section for more information.
- get_context() no longer accepts keyword arguments.
Known issues in gmpy2 2.0.0¶
- The test suite is still incomplete.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.0b4¶
- Added __ceil__, __floor__, __trunc__, and __round__ methods to mpz and mpq types.
- Added __complex__ to mpc type.
- round(mpfr) now correctly returns an mpz type.
- If no arguments are given to mpz, mpq, mpfr, mpc, and xmpz, return 0 of the appropriate type.
- Fix broken comparison between mpz and mpq when mpz is on the left.
- Added __sizeof__ to all types. Note: sys.getsizeof() calls __sizeof__ to get the memory size of a gmpy2 object. The returned value reflects the size of the allocated memory which may be larger than the actual minimum memory required by the object.
Known issues in gmpy2 2.0.0b4¶
- The new test suite (test/runtest.py) is incomplete and some tests fail on Python 2.x due to formating issues.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.0b3¶
- mp_version(), mpc_version(), and mpfr_version() now return normal strings on Python 2.x instead of Unicode strings.
- Faster conversion of the standard library Fraction type to mpq.
- Improved conversion of the Decimal type to mpfr.
- Consistently return OverflowError when converting “inf”.
- Fix mpz.__format__() when the format code includes “#”.
- Add is_infinite() and deprecate is_inf().
- Add is_finite() and deprecate is_number().
- Fixed the various is_XXX() tests when used with mpc.
- Added caching for mpc objects.
- Faster code path for basic operation is both operands are mpfr or mpc.
- Fix mpfr + float segmentation fault.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.0b2¶
- Allow xmpz slice assignment to increase length of xmpz instance by specifying a value for stop.
- Fixed reference counting bug in several is_xxx_prp() tests.
- Added iter_bits(), iter_clear(), iter_set() methods to xmpz.
- Added powmod() for easy access to three argument pow().
- Removed addmul() and submul() which were added in 2.0.0b1 since they are slower than just using Python code.
- Bug fix in gcd_ext when both arguments are not mpz.
- Added ieee() to create contexts for 32, 64, or 128 bit floats.
- Bug fix in context() not setting emax/emin correctly if they had been changed earlier.
- Contexts can be directly used in with statement without requiring set_context()/local_context() sequence.
- local_context() now accepts an optional context.
Changes in gmpy2 2.0.0b1 and earlier¶
- Renamed functions that manipulate individual bits to bit_XXX() to align with bit_length().
- Added caching for mpq.
- Added rootrem(), fib2(), lucas(), lucas2().
- Support changed hash function in Python 3.2.
- Added is_even(), is_odd().
- Add caching of the calculated hash value.
- Add xmpz (mutable mpz) type.
- Fix mpq formatting issue.
- Add read/write bit access using slices to xmpz.
- Add read-only bit access using slices to mpz.
- Add pack()/unpack() methods to split/join an integer into n-bit chunks.
- Add support for MPFR (casevh)
- Removed fcoform float conversion modifier.
- Add support for MPC.
- Added context manager.
- Allow building with just GMP/MPIR if MPFR not available.
- Allow building with GMP/MPIR and MPFR if MPC not available.
- Removed most instance methods in favor of gmpy2.function. The general guideline is that properties of an instance can be done via instance methods but functions that return a new result are done using gmpy2.function.
- Added __ceil__, __floor__, and __trunc__ methods since they are called by math.ceil(), math.floor(), and math.trunc().
- Removed gmpy2.pow() to avoid conflicts.
- Removed gmpy2._copy and added xmpz.copy.
- Added support for __format__.
- Added as_integer_ratio, as_mantissa_exp, as_simple_fraction.
- Updated rich_compare.
- Require MPFR 3.1.0+ to get divby0 support.
- Added fsum(), degrees(), radians().
- Updated random number generation support.
- Changed license to LGPL 3+.
- Added lucasu, lucasu_mod, lucasv, and lucasv_mod. Based on code contributed by David Cleaver.
- Added probable-prime tests. Based on code contributed by David Cleaver.
- Added to_binary()/from_binary.
- Renamed numdigits() to num_digits().
- Added keyword precision to constants.
- Added addmul() and submul().
- Added __round__(), round2(), round_away() for mpfr.
- round() is no longer a module level function.
- Renamed module functions min()/max() to min2()/max2().
- No longer conflicts with builtin min() and max()
- Removed set_debug() and related functionality.